BSA responds to the National Infrastructure Assessment5 Aug 2016
The BSA has published its response to the National Infrastructure Assessment call for evidence, welcoming the announcement of the National Infrastructure Commission and setting out the business services sector’s priorities for infrastructure development in the UK.
We urge the Government to focus on the following key areas:
• Skills – Building a diverse skills base aimed at meeting infrastructure needs
• Connectivity – Ensuring the UK’s large cities and small towns are better connected to improve productivity
• Devolution – Clarifying how combined authorities and local government fit into national infrastructure planning
• Funding – Maintaining and improving the flow of infrastructure investment and building comprehensive business cases
• Technology – Understanding how technology influences construction, skills, and how people interact with infrastructure
Read the full consultation response here.